Career Opportunities Landing Page Content
Star Alliance headquarters, formally incorporated in Germany as Star Alliance Services GmbH offers exciting permanent career opportunities and six-twelve month internships at our headquarters in Frankfurt. These provide a great work experience and a springboard into the aviation industry.
Please note the following:
- The working language at Star Alliance HQ is English, so please submit your application in English language.
- We only handle recruitment for Star Alliance HQ, which is based in Frankfurt, Germany. If you wish to work for one of our member airlines, please contact them directly.
- Star Alliance does not itself operate flights. We therefore have no openings for cabin crew, pilots or ground staff.
Manager Airport Experience (Lounges) (M/F/D)
Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is a management organisation that coordinates alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world's largest airline alliance.
This position will report directly to the Director of Airport Experience within the Airport Experience department and will be responsible for the management of airport and alliance-related lounge products and projects on a global level. This includes managing the Star Alliance branded lounges and coordinating the member carriers' lounges. The list below does not exhaust all tasks but summarises the major activities of the Manager Airport Experience.
- Support the delivery of a seamless Star Alliance Lounge experience by overseeing all lounge related activities
- Develop Star Alliance Branded Lounges
- Lead quality management duties for the lifecycle activities of Star Alliance Branded Lounges
- Review and update Star Alliance Branded Lounge products and service standard documents
- Develop a new business model to operate Star Alliance Branded Lounges
- Develop a new partnership business model with third parties for Star Alliance Branded Lounges and member carriers' owned lounges
- Maintain the strength of the Star Alliance Lounge Network by reviewing Star Alliance Lounge Access Policy, Star Alliance Lounge Products & Service Requirements, Star Alliance Lounge Cross Charging and Billing Rules
- Coordinate the duties for common use carriers' owned lounges and common use third party contract lounges
- Manage Lounge content on website and lounge finder API
- Outline and participate in budget planning and maintenance
- Identify business, training and communication requirements for Star lounges
- Work with Star Alliance carrier experts to develop and maintain lounge products and services
- Chair and manage working groups and relevant stakeholders
- Create monthly and quarterly project reports as required
- Create RFIs and RFPs and participate in contract negotiations as applicable
- Launch activities and deploy new Star lounges
- Develop presentations for committee meetings
- University degree in business or related fields
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in airport process improvements, lounge systems and airport lounge products
- Sound knowledge of airline support functions and the inter relationships with airport services departments and lounge operators
- Good knowledge of digital trends and technologies in the service and aviation industry
- Demonstrable evidence of previous achievement in managing projects, including research collation of data, analysis and presentation of results
- Very good understanding of financial planning, business development and budget techniques including business case preparation
- Sound working IT knowledge, especially MS Office package
- Excellent presentation skills essential
- Ability to accept challenges and feedback as well as to challenge constructively in order to achieve the best outcome
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent communicator to both individuals and groups, as well as all levels of management
- Full-time position based at our headquarters at Frankfurt airport
- Attractive salary package
- Development programme
- Modern open-plan office
- Great colleagues and a highly motivated team
- Staff team events (sports teams, cultural visits, annual offsite...)
- Staff canteen at the airport
- Travel card for local public transportation system in authorised fare zones
- Subsidised parking at the airport
This is a unique opportunity for highly skilled professionals to apply their talent, creativity and dedication to a global team focused on delivering value to frequent international travellers who travel on our member airlines.
If you believe to be the perfect candidate then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest, including your earliest possible starting date and CV in English, together with your salary expectations by 15 December 2019, here.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For general information on Star Alliance please refer to www.staralliance.com.