Career Opportunities Landing Page Content
Star Alliance headquarters, formally incorporated in Germany as Star Alliance Services GmbH offers exciting permanent career opportunities and six-twelve month internships at our headquarters in Frankfurt. These provide a great work experience and a springboard into the aviation industry.
Please note the following:
- The working language at Star Alliance HQ is English, so please submit your application in English language.
- We only handle recruitment for Star Alliance HQ, which is based in Frankfurt, Germany. If you wish to work for one of our member airlines, please contact them directly.
- Star Alliance does not itself operate flights. We therefore have no openings for cabin crew, pilots or ground staff.
Internship at Star Alliance
Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is a management organisation that coordinates alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world's largest airline alliance. Our customers are our numerous member airlines from around the globe.
We currently offer the following vacancy:
Intern Strategy (M/F/D)
The vacant internship will be offered in the Finance & Strategy Business Unit which takes care of the alliance's financial matters, supports our member carriers' partnerships and market research departments with key industry and market research intelligence. Being a member of the Finance & Strategy team provides you with a unique opportunity to gain insights into the largest airline alliance in the world.
- Start date: 16 March 2020
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: Frankfurt, Germany
- Support the alliance's ongoing customer satisfaction research activities
- Analyse market research data and create actionable recommendations to the alliance management team
- Contribute to the advancement and development of the alliance's market research studies and activities
- Work closely with internal customers to support, manage and guide any ad-hoc research requests (e.g. to measure the success of new premium customer benefits)
- Support the member carriers' market research experts with data and market research tool expertise
- Collect, verify and integrate airline industry intelligence required for reports and analyses from airlines, internal and external data sources
- Analyse and propose improvements for existing reports, tools and processes
- Help to prepare management reports for executive board meetings
- Student or 2020 graduate in the field of market research/ air transport & airport management/ business administration
- Excellent understanding of market research techniques
- Knowledge of Power BI is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong familiarity with MS Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Intercultural and interpersonal communication skills and team spirit
- Self-initiative and eager to learn
- Attention to detail
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- Previous work experience in an airline environment is a plus
- Valid work permit for Germany for the duration of your internship
- Travel card for local public transportation system in authorised fare zones
- Staff canteen at the airport
- Staff team events (sports teams, cultural visits...)
- Great colleagues and a highly motivated team
- Modern open-plan office
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English, as well as your earliest possible starting date by 02 February 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For general information on Star Alliance please refer to www.staralliance.com.