Career Opportunities Landing Page Content
Star Alliance headquarters, formally incorporated in Germany as Star Alliance Services GmbH offers exciting permanent career opportunities and six-twelve month internships at our headquarters in Frankfurt. These provide a great work experience and a springboard into the aviation industry.
Please note the following:
- The working language at Star Alliance HQ is English, so please submit your application in English language.
- We only handle recruitment for Star Alliance HQ, which is based in Frankfurt, Germany. If you wish to work for one of our member airlines, please contact them directly.
- Star Alliance does not itself operate flights. We therefore have no openings for cabin crew, pilots or ground staff.
Internship at Star Alliance
Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is a management organisation that coordinates alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world's largest airline alliance. Our customers are our numerous member airlines from around the globe.
We currently offer the following vacancy:
Intern Loyalty (M/F/D)
The vacant internship will be offered in the Star Alliance Loyalty Team, part of the Customer Experience business unit, which manages the alliance mileage accrual and redemption proposition across 20 frequent flyer programmes of our 26 member airlines and strives for continuous market leadership and innovation.
- Start date: 02 March 2020
- Duration: 6 months, extension to 12 months possible
- Location: Frankfurt, Germany
- Support development of global Alliance frequent flyer programme initiatives, conduct benchmark studies amongst Star Alliance members and beyond, analyse and review results; communicate and liaise with member carriers globally
- Support planning and execution of new loyalty projects to improve current processes and enhance Star Alliance loyalty proposition
- Understand the basic framework of Airline and Frequent Flyer Programme partnerships as well as premium customer benefits in the world of alliances
- Support the Loyalty team in lifecycle activities such as tracking carrier performance, producing regular summary presentations/ reporting, following up with internal stakeholders and external vendors internationally
- Support audits of member airlines for loyalty requirements; follow up on action plans to remediate non-compliance issues
- Assist in market research activities with high value international travellers and coordinate communication internally and with relevant external agencies
- Responsible for continuous maintenance of centralised loyalty documents of all Star Alliance member carriers
- Support in other agreed daily activities of the business unit Customer Experience, such as providing support with the organisation of meeting, conferences, preparation of minutes etc.
- Student or 2019 graduate in the field of Aviation Management/ Business Administration/ Tourism Management/ Marketing or equivalent
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Basic loyalty background and experience an asset
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- International cultural awareness
- Creative thinker, willing to take initiative
- Valid work permit for Germany for the duration of your internship
- Travel card for local public transportation system in authorised fare zones
- Staff canteen at the airport
- Staff team events (sports teams, cultural visits...)
- Great colleagues and a highly motivated team
- Modern open-plan office
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English, as well as your earliest possible starting date by 26 January 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For general information on Star Alliance please refer to www.staralliance.com.