Career Opportunities Landing Page Content
Star Alliance headquarters, formally incorporated in Germany as Star Alliance Services GmbH offers exciting permanent career opportunities and six-twelve month internships at our headquarters in Frankfurt. These provide a great work experience and a springboard into the aviation industry.
Please note the following:
- The working language at Star Alliance HQ is English, so please submit your application in English language.
- We only handle recruitment for Star Alliance HQ, which is based in Frankfurt, Germany. If you wish to work for one of our member airlines, please contact them directly.
- Star Alliance does not itself operate flights. We therefore have no openings for cabin crew, pilots or ground staff.
Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is the full time organization that coordinates alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world’s largest airline alliance. Our customers are our numerous member airlines from around the globe.
We are searching for a:
Manager Regional Marketing & Cooperation
Being part of the Commercial & Communications team the Manager, Regional Marketing & Cooperation will report to the Director Marketing & Communications and will support a global marketing strategy while fostering commercial cooperation among Star Alliance member carriers through strategic market channels. The Manager will work cross-functionally to promote Star Alliance products and leverage the features and advantages of Star Alliance to customers and travel agents in these markets.
Job Summary – Major Functions and Activities
- Actively support Director Marketing & Communications with development and implementation of regional & local marketing strategies in conjunction with Star Alliance member carriers
- Act as a key point of contact to Strategic Market Country Steering Councils and coordinators globally with the aim to maximize benefits to Star Alliance member carriers
- Responsibility for Star Alliance Strategic Markets to strengthen awareness of Star Alliance products & services
- Oversee, facilitate and coach in the development of an annual business plan for each strategic market
- Support the local delivery of sales products in relevant strategic markets with emphasis on joint corporate sales and fare products
- Manage third parties during implementation of online programs to broadcast features, advantages and benefits of Star Alliance to the travel trade
- Maintain and communicate Terms of Reference and an audit process of Strategic Market Country Steering Councils to ensure compliance; report on performance
- Assess business intelligence to manage the development of new Strategic Market opportunities worldwide
- Leverage and maintain effective internal cross-functional communication/co-operation within all business unit support areas
- Interface to Star Alliance intranet for Strategic Market workspaces
Requirements – Qualifications / Education / Knowledge and Experience / Skills
- University degree in relevant field and/ or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in commercial/regional marketing functions of an airline or travel organization
- Excellent commercial and/ or marketing knowledge of markets
- Experience in strategic management
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communicator in English, in both written and verbal form
- Effective and experienced presenter
- Excellent understanding of the airline industry and best practices in the commercial, marketing and digital areas
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- A goals-oriented team-player committed to building a positive spirit
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and foster effective relations across culturally- diverse teams
- Able to work effectively independently and with limited support
- Energetic and flexible
- Willing to travel
This is a special opportunity for highly-skilled and self-starting professionals to apply their talent, creativity and dedication to a global team focused on delivering value to frequent international travelers who travel on our partner airlines. Successful candidates will bring a wealth of experience, knowledge and creativity.
This is a full-time position starting in 01 March 2019 and is based at Star Alliance Services GmbH headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany.
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English indicating your possible starting date by 14 January 2019, here.
Star Alliance Services GmbH
Frankfurt Airport Center, Main Lobby