Flight Tool Bar
- FLIGHT SEARCH
- FLIGHT STATUS
- LOUNGE FINDER
Access over 1000 Star Alliance lounges
Note: This search will display all lounges available at the selected departure airport. Use filters in the results to show lounges based on your eligibility. Please refer to the Star Alliance lounge access policy for eligibility details. Currently lounges of our Connecting Partners are not included in the Lounge Finder data base. Please refer to our Connecting Partners’ website for lounge information.
- MORE TOOLS
Find the status of any Star Alliance flight right here
Career Opportunities Landing Page Content
Star Alliance headquarters, formally incorporated in Germany as Star Alliance Services GmbH offers exciting permanent career opportunities and six-twelve month internships at our headquarters in Frankfurt. These provide a great work experience and a springboard into the aviation industry.
Please note the following:
- The working language at Star Alliance HQ is English, so please submit your application in English language.
- We only handle recruitment for Star Alliance HQ, which is based in Frankfurt, Germany. If you wish to work for one of our member airlines, please contact them directly.
- Star Alliance does not itself operate flights. We therefore have no openings for cabin crew, pilots or ground staff.
Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is the full time organization that coordinates Star Alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world’s largest airline alliance.
We are searching for a:
Manager, IT Service Management
Working together with all business units in Star Alliance Services GmbH and Star Alliance Member airlines, the Manager, IT will ensure that IT services are developed and are adhering to performance and architectural requirements from the exploration phase until sun setting of services.
Job Summary – Major Functions and Activities
- Perform Service Management activities for IT infrastructure, systems and applications of Star Alliance
- Manage service levels and incidents with IT service providers and work with them to ensure IT systems and application remain operational
- Conduct change request processes with business units, airlines and IT service providers, including all required documentation
- Maintain Service Management communications with business units and airline IT resources and coordinate weekly operations call with Star business unit and appropriate airline business and IT resources
- Collaboration with IT service providers to improve service management processes
- Work with business units on tender processes and the planning and implementation of IT services
- Support negotiations of technical and commercial aspects with vendors
- Experience in managing public cloud-based IT infrastructure preferred
- Knowledge of DevOps, API management is an advantage
- Experience working in agile teams is preferred
- Support other IT Business unit related activities
Requirements - Qualifications / Education / Knowledge and Experience / Skills required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- IT Service Management experience, preferably in airline related applications/systems
- Strong coordination and planning skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Cross cultural work experience with ability to build strong business relationships
- Excellent facilitation, consensus building and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to foster effective relations and build consensus at all levels of management
- Effective communicator in English, in written and verbal form, to both individuals and groups, including management
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and to prioritise and delegate tasks effectively
- ITIL certification desired
This is a special opportunity for a highly-skilled and self-starting professional to apply their talent, creativity and dedication to a global team focused on delivering value to frequent international travelers who travel on our partner airlines.Successful candidates will bring a wealth of experience, knowledge and creativity.
This is a full-time position based at Star Alliance Services GmbH headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany.
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English no later than 26 November 2018, here.