Career Opportunities Landing Page Content
Star Alliance headquarters, formally incorporated in Germany as Star Alliance Services GmbH offers exciting permanent career opportunities and six-twelve month internships at our headquarters in Frankfurt. These provide a great work experience and a springboard into the aviation industry.
Please note the following:
- The working language at Star Alliance HQ is English, so please submit your application in English language.
- We only handle recruitment for Star Alliance HQ, which is based in Frankfurt, Germany. If you wish to work for one of our member airlines, please contact them directly.
- Star Alliance does not itself operate flights. We therefore have no openings for cabin crew, pilots or ground staff.
Manager Business Development/Biometrics (M/F/D)
Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is a management organisation that coordinates alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world's largest airline alliance.
This position will report directly to the Director of Service & Innovation within the Customer Experience department and will be responsible to expand Star Alliance's Biometrics platform into more airports and airlines. This includes a close collaboration with the product owner of the biometrics product and a vision lead appeal towards airport and airlines.
- Define the overall go to market approach of Star Alliance's biometrics product
- Create expansion roadmap of airports, working closely with Star Alliance carrier experts to develop a common priority list
- Identify and assess maturity of interested airports and airlines
- Define a vision with the product owner on the future of travel powered by biometrics to create a strong narrative and outline the added value
- Present product offering to airports and airlines and guide them through the stage gate processes
- Support the communication of new product features jointly with the product owner
- Manage relevant stakeholders
- Create monthly and quarterly reports as required
- University degree in business or business informatics
- 5 to 8 years of airline or airport industry experience ideally in departure control procedures (i.e. check-in, boarding) and/or airport processes
- Sound knowledge of airline support functions and their inter-relationships with airport services departments
- Excellent communicator to both individuals and groups, as well as to all levels of management supported by strong communication and negotiation skills
- Good understanding of financial planning and budget techniques including business case preparation
- Sound working IT knowledge, especially MS Office package
- Good knowledge of digital trends in the aviation industry
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrable evidence of previous achievement in managing projects, including research collation of data, analysis and presentation of results
- Willingness to travel
- Full-time position based at our headquarters at Frankfurt airport
- Attractive salary package
- Development programme
- Modern open-plan office
- Great colleagues and a highly motivated team
- Staff team events (sports teams, cultural visits, annual offsite...)
- Staff canteen at the airport
- Travel card for local public transportation system in authorised fare zones
- Subsidised parking at the airport
This is a unique opportunity for highly skilled professionals to apply their talent, creativity and dedication to a global team focused on delivering value to frequent international travelers who travel on our member airlines.
If you believe to be the perfect candidate then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest, including your earliest possible starting date and CV in English, together with your salary expectations by 17 November 2019, here.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For general information on Star Alliance please refer to www.staralliance.com.