Career Opportunities Landing Page Content
Star Alliance headquarters, formally incorporated in Germany as Star Alliance Services GmbH offers exciting permanent career opportunities and six-twelve month internships at our headquarters in Frankfurt. These provide a great work experience and a springboard into the aviation industry.
Please note the following:
- The working language at Star Alliance HQ is English, so please submit your application in English language.
- We only handle recruitment for Star Alliance HQ, which is based in Frankfurt, Germany. If you wish to work for one of our member airlines, please contact them directly.
- Star Alliance does not itself operate flights. We therefore have no openings for cabin crew, pilots or ground staff.
Internship at Star Alliance
An internship at Star Alliance, the world’s largest airline alliance, will help you make the leap into the international business world. Through project work in one of our departments you will gain insights into our daily operations and in addition become familiar with the airline industry. With numerous member airlines from all over the world as our customers we will give you an opportunity to work in an international and culturally diverse business environment with English as the official business language.
We currently offer the following vacancy:
Internship Membership and Compliance
- Start date: 29 July 2019
- Duration: 6 months, extension to 12 months possible
- Location: Frankfurt, Germany
This internship is placed in the Membership Department at Star Alliance Services GmbH which is responsible for the ongoing liaison with the member airlines, the Alliance communication tool as well as the quality management of the Alliance. The department further maintains the membership portfolios and manages the integration process of new member carriers.
- Contribute to the Alliance-wide quality measurement and compliance activities of the Star Alliance membership requirements
- Support the planning, organization, reporting and follow-up of member carrier audits covering areas such as Marketing and Branding, Loyalty, Customer Experience, Airport Services and Information Technology
- Contribute to quality strategy, efficiency of measurements and enhancement of quality and compliance concepts
- Develop and manage the collaboration tool which keeps the member carriers and Star HQ connected: on-site support to internal users and conference calls with member airlines, compile enhancements, recommendations and feedback, develop operation manuals and training materials, offer training to new users as well as provide input on strategy.
- University student or 2018/2019 graduate in relevant areas, such as aviation/airline management, business administration or international management
- General interest in the airline industry – previous experience is a plus
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Ideally experience working with websites, intranets or web-based user experience (UX), related knowledge of product and project management is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work independently and high willingness to learn new things
- Intercultural and interpersonal communication skills and team spirit
- Valid work permit for Germany
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English, as well as your earliest possible starting date by 21 July 2019, here.
For general information on Star Alliance please refer to www.staralliance.com.