Career Opportunities Landing Page Content
Star Alliance headquarters, formally incorporated in Germany as Star Alliance Services GmbH offers exciting permanent career opportunities and six-twelve month internships at our headquarters in Frankfurt. These provide a great work experience and a springboard into the aviation industry.
Please note the following:
- The working language at Star Alliance HQ is English, so please submit your application in English language.
- We only handle recruitment for Star Alliance HQ, which is based in Frankfurt, Germany. If you wish to work for one of our member airlines, please contact them directly.
- Star Alliance does not itself operate flights. We therefore have no openings for cabin crew, pilots or ground staff.
Internship at Star Alliance
An internship at Star Alliance, the world's largest airline alliance will help you make the leap into the international business world. Through project work in one of our departments you will get an insight into our daily operations and in addition become familiar with the global airline and alliance industry. With numerous member airlines from all over the world as our customers we will give you an opportunity to work in an international and culturally diverse business environment with English as the official business language.
We have the following vacancy:
Internship Strategy & Market Research
The vacant internship will be offered in the Strategy & Finance Department which, besides taking care of the alliance’s financial matters, supports our member carriers’ partnerships and market research departments with key industry and market research intelligence. Being a member of the Strategy & Finance team provides you with a unique opportunity to gain insights into the largest airline alliance in the world.
- Start date: 23 September 2019
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: Frankfurt Airport Center, Frankfurt/Main, Germany
- Support the alliance’s ongoing customer satisfaction research activities
- Analyse market research data and create actionable recommendation to the alliance management team
- Contribute to the advancement and development of the alliance’s market research studies and activities
- Work closely with internal customers to support, manage and guide any ad-hoc research requests, e.g. to measure the successes of new premium customer benefits
- Support the member carriers’ market research experts with data and market research tool expertise
- Collect, verify and integrate airline industry intelligence required for reports and analyses from airlines, internal and external data sources
- Analyse and propose improvements for existing reports, tools and processes
- Help to prepare management reports for executive board meetings
- University student or 2019 graduate in relevant areas such as marketing research, air transport & airport management or business administration and related fields
- Excellent understanding of market research techniques and SPSS
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong familiarity with MS Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Intercultural and interpersonal communication skills and team spirit
- Self-initiative and eager to learn
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in English
- Previous work experience in an airline environment is a plus
- Valid work permit for Germany
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English, as well as your earliest possible starting date by 28 July 2019, here.
For general information on the Star Alliance network, please refer to www.staralliance.com