Career Opportunities Landing Page Content
Star Alliance headquarters, formally incorporated in Germany as Star Alliance Services GmbH offers exciting permanent career opportunities and six-twelve month internships at our headquarters in Frankfurt. These provide a great work experience and a springboard into the aviation industry.
Please note the following:
- The working language at Star Alliance HQ is English, so please submit your application in English language.
- We only handle recruitment for Star Alliance HQ, which is based in Frankfurt, Germany. If you wish to work for one of our member airlines, please contact them directly.
- Star Alliance does not itself operate flights. We therefore have no openings for cabin crew, pilots or ground staff.
Internship at Star Alliance
An internship at Star Alliance, the world's largest airline alliance will help you make the leap into the international business world. Through project work in one of our departments you will get an insight into our daily operations and in addition become familiar with the global airline and alliance industry. With numerous member airlines from all over the world as our customers we will give you an opportunity to work in an international and culturally diverse business environment with English as the official business language.
We have the following vacancy:
Internship Information Technology
- Begin: As soon as possible
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: Frankfurt Airport Center
The internship will be in our IT department. IT plays a major role in most projects in our organisation. You will be responsible for small projects in your own responsibility and for some administrative support.
In particular, you will be involved in the following:
- Supporting various projects in different capacities, e.g. support cloud migration projects (test strategy, airline/partner communications, sprint planning etc.)
- Work on security and fraud related projects
- Identifying and implementing concepts to realise process improvements
- Monitor SLA and KPI adherence of suppliers
- Working with the change and service management department (operational and management reports and dashboards, analysis of API queries etc.)
- University IT student or 2018/2019 graduate
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent In Microsoft Office
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Interest in Project Management combined with a desire to learn
- Readiness to assist in both technical as well as business tasks
- Attention to detail
- General understanding of various aspects of IT application development is a plus
- Cultural awareness
- Team spirit
- Valid work permit for Germany
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English, as well as your earliest possible starting date by 28 July 2019, here.
For general information on Star Alliance please refer to www.staralliance.com.