Career Opportunities Landing Page Content
Star Alliance headquarters, formally incorporated in Germany as Star Alliance Services GmbH offers exciting permanent career opportunities and six-twelve month internships at our headquarters in Frankfurt. These provide a great work experience and a springboard into the aviation industry.
Please note the following:
- The working language at Star Alliance HQ is English, so please submit your application in English language.
- We only handle recruitment for Star Alliance HQ, which is based in Frankfurt, Germany. If you wish to work for one of our member airlines, please contact them directly.
- Star Alliance does not itself operate flights. We therefore have no openings for cabin crew, pilots or ground staff.
Internship at Star Alliance
Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is a management organisation that coordinates Star Alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world's largest airline alliance. Our customers are our numerous member airlines from around the globe. An internship at Star Alliance will help you make the leap into the international business world. Through project work in one of our departments you will gain insights into our daily operations and in addition become familiar with the airline industry. With numerous member airlines from all over the world as our customers we will give you an opportunity to work in an international and culturally diverse business environment with English as the official business language.
We currently offer the following vacancy:
Internship Digital Channels (m/f/d)
- Start date: 04 November 2019
- Duration: 6 months, extension to 12 months possible
- Location: Frankfurt, Germany
- Support daily operations and maintenance activities for the Star Alliance website, including the creation of content and coordinating directly with business units at Star HQ as well as external developers and agencies
- Develop and improve reports & analyses, e.g. about site visits/usage, user behaviour, conversion, device usage, SEO etc., using Microsoft Power BI for consolidation and visualisation of data
- Analyse and help to improve user experience and usability of the Star Alliance digital channels on an ongoing basis
- Support the product/service development process from idea to concept to rollout
- Ad-hoc tasks and small projects roduct teams and carriers with the testing process of APIs during their integration in Star Digital Service Platform (DSP)
- Student or 2019 graduate with a specialisation in online/digital channels and/or airline business
- Excellent command of English as a working language with good communication skills
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint for in-depth data analysis and presentation of findings to key stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of Web Analytics - preferably Google Analytics
- Creative thinker, eager to take initiative and responsibility
- A self-starter with a methodical approach to project work, capability to prioritise and a high sensitivity to deadlines
- Cultural awareness and team spirit
- Willingness to learn
- Valid work permit for Germany
Would be an advantage, but not mandatory: Previous experience with the use of Business Intelligence tools for the visualisation of data - Content Management Systems and/or eCommerce - Social Media analytics tools, e.g. Facebook or Instagram Insights - Mobile app development as well as robust knowledge of any other language of our 27 member airlines
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English, as well as your earliest possible starting date by 25 September 2019, here.
For general information on Star Alliance please refer to www.staralliance.com.