Career Opportunities Landing Page Content
Star Alliance headquarters, formally incorporated in Germany as Star Alliance Services GmbH offers exciting permanent career opportunities and six-twelve month internships at our headquarters in Frankfurt. These provide a great work experience and a springboard into the aviation industry.
Please note the following:
- The working language at Star Alliance HQ is English, so please submit your application in English language.
- We only handle recruitment for Star Alliance HQ, which is based in Frankfurt, Germany. If you wish to work for one of our member airlines, please contact them directly.
- Star Alliance does not itself operate flights. We therefore have no openings for cabin crew, pilots or ground staff.
Internship at Star Alliance
Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is a management organisation that coordinates alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world's largest airline alliance. An internship at Star Alliance will help you make the leap into the international business world. Through project work in one of our departments you will gain insights into our daily operations and in addition become familiar with the airline industry. With numerous member airlines from all over the world as our customers we will give you an opportunity to work in an international and culturally diverse business environment with English as the official business language.
We currently offer the following vacancy:
Intern Network (M/F/D)
The vacant internship will be offered in the Membership & Network Business Unit which supports the Alliance and Network departments of our member carriers with key industry intelligence such as competitive developments, airline network assessments, internal and external industry statistics as well as with ad-hoc reports to enable informed alliance and partnership decisions.
- Start date: February 2020
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: Frankfurt, Germany
- Collect, verify and integrate airline industry information required for reports and analyses from airlines, internal and external data sources
- Develop and build reports/ tools/ databases that help Star Alliance to exploit available data sources
- Analyse and propose improvements for existing tools, reports and processes presentation
- Student or 2019 graduate in the field of air transport management, economics, computer science or engineering
- General interest in the aviation industry - previous experience is a plus
- Highly numerate with an analytical approach, working with data and the ability to reduce complex data to relevant information
- In depth knowledge of MS Office with a focus on Excel
- Knowledge of MS Access/ Tableau/ SAS/ experience with Data Mining would be an asset
- Self-initiative and high-willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Open minded, adaptable and creative with a "hands-on" attitude
- Inter-cultural communication skills paired with a good team spirit
- Fluency in English, both verbally and written
- Valid work permit for Germany for the duration of your internship
- Travel card for local public transportation system in authorised fare zones
- Staff canteen at the airport
- Staff team events ( sports teams, cultural visits...)
- Great colleagues and a highly motivated team
- Modern open-plan office
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English, as well as your earliest possible starting date by 24 November 2019, here.
For general information on Star Alliance please refer to www.staralliance.com.