Career Opportunities Landing Page Content
Star Alliance headquarters, formally incorporated in Germany as Star Alliance Services GmbH offers exciting permanent career opportunities and six-twelve month internships at our headquarters in Frankfurt. These provide a great work experience and a springboard into the aviation industry.
Please note the following:
- The working language at Star Alliance HQ is English, so please submit your application in English language.
- We only handle recruitment for Star Alliance HQ, which is based in Frankfurt, Germany. If you wish to work for one of our member airlines, please contact them directly.
- Star Alliance does not itself operate flights. We therefore have no openings for cabin crew, pilots or ground staff.
Internship at Star Alliance
An internship at Star Alliance, the world’s largest airline alliance will help you make the leap into the international business world. Through project work in one of our departments you will get an insight into our daily operations and in addition become familiar with the airline industry. With numerous leading member airlines from all over the world as our customers, we will give you an opportunity to work in an international and cultural diverse business environment with English as the official business language.
We have the following vacancy:
Internship – Project Management Office (PMO)
- Begin: as soon as possible
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: Frankfurt, Germany
- Work with project managers to support assigned projects. The current PMO portfolio includes managing digital initiatives in interline seat selection, baggage handling, biometrics, and irregular operations
- Support the project management office in establishing and maintaining project templates (e.g. project dashboards, monthly one-pagers, executive steering presentations)
- Support the Digital change management plan and activities
- Administer and maintain department Microsoft Teams platform (e.g. channels, members, permissions, documents)
- Conduct general quantitative and qualitative analysis (e.g. spreadsheets, data extraction, research and reporting)
- Support the PMO in improving the company's internal Agile / Scrum processes (sprint planning, review, retrospectives)
- Assist in identifying and tracking project and product risks by working closely with the project teams and business units
- Stay up-to-date with digital technologies and latest trends
- Student or 2018 graduate in the field of project management, IT, aviation management, business administration, or equivalent
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams)
- International mindset and good team spirit
- Strong documentation and analytical skills
- Friendly, outgoing and self-starter
- Experience in Agile/Scrum framework and related software (Jira, Confluence) a plus
- Experience in IT development a plus
- Valid work permit for Germany
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English, as well as your earliest possible starting date by 26 May 2019, here.
For general information on Star Alliance please refer to www.staralliance.com.