Full-time Position, Star Alliance
Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is the full time organization that coordinates Star Alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world’s largest airline alliance.
We are searching for a
Director Customer Experience
The position holder is responsible for managing all aspects of the Star Alliance Airport Customer Experience portfolio. In addition the Director supervises and ensures the timely delivery of agreed Star Alliance Seamless Customer Experience projects and the development, implementation and life cycle of Star Alliance Common Use Products & Services at airports.
Job Summary - Major Functions and Activities
- Responsible for ensuring a seamless travel experience and enhancing the overall satisfaction for customers who travel across the Star Alliance global network
- Responsible for development, implementation and continuous improvement of:
- Star Alliance airport processes and procedures for customers and baggage
- Star Alliance airport collocation initiatives and "Move under one Roof" (MuoR) projects at key hub airports
- Star Alliance Common Use Products & Services including Star Alliance Connection Centres, Gold Track, Star Alliance Branded Lounges, Common Use Baggage Drop, Common Baggage Service Facility and Star Alliance Airport Signage
- Star Alliance Airport Teams at key hub airports
- Responsible to ensure that member carriers are compliant with all Customer Experience related Star Alliance Core Values
- Responsible to support integration of new carriers and assist them in the fulfilment of all Star Alliance joining requirements
- Responsible for delivering projects per the Star Alliance agreed processes and procedures and deliver within agreed timelines and budgets
- Responsible to manage Star Alliance Customer Experience budget and manpower allocation
- Responsible for leading, managing and mentoring the Star Alliance Customer Experience team
- Collaborate with other Star Alliance Business Units to achieve common goals
- University degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 7 years working experience in airlines and/or airport operations
- Excellent knowledge of customer and baggage processes and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of passenger terminal planning and development
- Good knowledge of IATA regulations, aviation rules and policies and consumer rights
- Good knowledge of ground handling operations and agreements
- Good knowledge and experience of project management disciplines
- Good financial knowledge, business acumen and experience in budget management
- Good knowledge of customer satisfaction measurement and quality management for products and services
- Experience in building cross functional relationships, across different organizational levels and in multi-cultural settings
- Experience in leading and managing teams in cross-functional and cross-cultural environments
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Ability to challenge constructively to achieve the best result
- Confident / assertive communicator and facilitator
- Skilled in analysis and decision making
- Mentoring skills
- Fluency in English
This is a unique opportunity for highly-skilled professionals to apply their talent, creativity and dedication to a global team focused on delivering value to frequent international travelers who travel on our member airlines. At Star Alliance Services GmbH, we subscribe to the values of industry excellence and leadership, openness, mutual trust and respect, teamwork, multiculturalism and talent development. Successful candidates will bring a wealth of experience and knowledge.
This is full-time position based at Star Alliance Services GmbH headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany. The preferred Start Date is 1 September 2015.
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV directly online to email@example.com by 7 May 2015.