Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is the full time organization that coordinates Star Alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world’s largest airline alliance.
We are seeking a
Manager, Marketing Communications (part-time / 50%)
to project manage all aspects of marketing communications in the Star Alliance environment. The core tasks will be carried out in coordination with all relevant external and internal parties, including member carrier airlines, departments within Star Alliance GmbH and third party branding and marketing agencies, and production companies.
Reporting to the Director of Loyalty and Marketing, the Manager, Marketing Communications will manage the development and implementation of all Star Alliance customer communications and campaign initiatives, as well as the development and maintenance of the Star Alliance collateral.
Job Summary – Major Functions
- Ensure projects are aligned with Star Alliance business values and product development processes.
- Actively support Director Loyalty and Marketing in day-to-day management of agreed customer communication initiatives and campaigns as part of the annual work plan.
- Handle day-to-day ad-hoc marketing communications requests from individual member carriers and Star Alliance Business Units.
- Coordinate with all relevant parties within the carriers, such as the marketing experts in head offices, and any relevant local contacts, such as country marketing committees.
- Closely liaise with all relevant parties within the Star Alliance Services GmbH organization, in particular: Commercial; Customer Experience/Delivery; Technology; Legal and Procurement; and Regional Directors.
- Audit member carriers’ compliance with agreed Alliance Standards/Elements.
- Work closely with all external parties such as communications, media and promotions agencies, vendors and brand/design agencies.
- Conduct analysis of competitive alliance communications, media, partnerships and promotions activities.
- Lead, coordinate and guide projects throughout the Star Alliance Product Delivery Process (PDP), where relevant.
- Develop business cases to determine value versus cost where additional investments required.
- Challenge and re-engineer existing processes to increase efficiency and cost-effectiveness, including Joint Purchasing where relevant.
- Manage and oversee project teams including project management on major projects.
- Responsible for timely reporting to key audiences (Star Alliance StarDesk reporting tool and other updates via Tel Conference/email).
- Develop the relevant documentation required for Star Alliance Boards and the annual work plan process.
- University degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical client experience, in a global communications and promotions environment, ideally within an international airline and/or global alliance.
- Strong understanding of the international airline and/or alliances industry and specifically of best practice in the communications and promotions area.
- Extensive experience of dealing with 3rd parties, international partnerships and communications/ media/promotions agency partners.
- Communications / Marketing / Media / Promotions agency experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability as an effective facilitator and ability to integrate different points of view.
- Self-motivator with strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong analytical and facilitation skills with commitment to deadlines and budgets.
- Close attention to detail is an essential attribute.
- Experience in dealing with culturally diverse project teams and solid intercultural awareness.
- Excellent communicator and presenter in English, in both written and verbal form, to individuals and groups, at all levels of management.
- Ability to communicate in German is an advantage.
- Readiness to challenge conventional thinking and established practices.
- Flexible team-player committed to contributing to a positive spirit.
This is a unique opportunity for highly-skilled professionals to apply their talent, creativity and dedication to a global team focused on delivering value to frequent international travelers who travel on our member airlines. At Star Alliance Services GmbH, we subscribe to the values of industry excellence and leadership, openness, mutual trust and respect, teamwork, multiculturalism and talent development.
This is a part-time position (50%) based at Star Alliance Services GmbH headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany.
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English 18 November 2013 to email@example.com
Star Alliance Services GmbH
Frankfurt Airport Center, Main Lobby