Full time position at Star Alliance
Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is the full time organization that coordinates Star Alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world's largest airline alliance.
We are searching for a
Manager Corporate Sales Operations
to head the ongoing management and delivery of effective support for our Corporate Plus product and work closely with member carriers to provide effective and timely administrative support. The Corporate Sales Delivery Unit personnel will functionally report to him/her, while this position reports to the Director Sales and Market Development.
Job Summary - Major Functions and Activities
- Support Director Sales and Market Development in managing the Corporate Sales Delivery Unit and in creating a positive and effective work environment
- Secure and contribute to the support provided to member carriers' key account managers in delivering the Star Alliance Corporate Plus product
- Secure effective and professional customer communication for those parts not covered by alliance member carriers
- Proposal and performance report production i.e. collection, aggregation and delivery
- Safeguard all agreements and always ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Facilitate engagement & commitment of carriers' corporate sales management
- Head the management of process, material and support delivery related to the product
- Manage the corporate sales database while continuously improving the effectiveness of the Corporate Sales Delivery Unit
- Manage training needs and records linked to regulatory and product equirements. Maintain and lead training for sales products
- Support the Director Sales and Market Development in preparing regular strategic meetings of executive airline representatives
- Train and coach new colleagues of the delivery team
- Always act as an ambassador for Star Alliance
- University degree in business administration or any field of study related to the job
- At least five years of practical experience in Airline Sales and sales operations environment
- People management experience may be an asset
- Ability to combine managerial tasks with day-to-day routine work
- Excellent understanding of the airline industry and specifically of best practice in the corporate sales and Management area in particular
- Demonstrated ability as an effective facilitator and ability to diplomatically integrate different points of view
- Excellent rapport builder with strong customer communication skills
- Flexible team-player committed to building a positive spirit and fostering the development of his/her direct reports
- Strong analytical and facilitation skills; highly numerate
- Structured and results-oriented working style, strong commitment to deadlinesStructured and results-oriented working style, strong commitment to deadlines
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Experience in dealing with commercial/legal topics an asset
- Strong self-motivator, independent and self-confident
- Cross-cultural work experience and intercultural awareness and understanding
- Excellent communicator in English, in both written and verbal form, to individuals and groups, at all levels of management
- Confident in using MS Office, specifically MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
This is a unique opportunity for highly-skilled professionals to apply their talent, creativity and dedication to a global team focused on delivering value to frequent international travellers who travel on our member airlines. At Star Alliance Services GmbH, we subscribe to the values of industry excellence and leadership, openness, mutual trust and respect, teamwork, multiculturalism and talent development.
This is a full-time position based at Star Alliance Services GmbH headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany.
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English by 28 June 2015 to email@example.com.
Star Alliance Services GmbH
Frankfurt Airport Center, Main Lobby