Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is the full time organization that coordinates alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world’s largest airline alliance. Our customers are our numerous member airlines from around the globe.
The Customer Experience and Technology department is searching for a:
Manager, Customer Experience
The Manager, Customer Experience reports to the Director of Customer Experience and is responsible for the management of airport and travel-related products and services on a global level. This includes managing the life cycle of implemented products and services, developing new products and services, and the planning and budgeting of all activities.
Job Summary – Major Functions and Activities
- Overall responsibility for defined airport and customer servicing products on a global level
- Define and manage product strategies, outline and propose product enhancements, new products and constant improvements, coordinate product lifecycle
- Secure and maintain industry and product awareness and functional product expertise
- Expertise in areas of interline connection baggage, common baggage drop off and associated airline messaging; flight information and associated airline messaging; regulatory and travel document requirements; development of GUIs; airport check-in processes and customer flows including premium customers; irregular operations including amenities; inter-airline through check-in; 2D barcode; new carrier integration
- Outline and participate in budget planning, accruals, cost sharing formulas, manpower allocation as well as budget follow-up and pre-approving invoices
- Identify business, training, and communication requirements for products
- Lead geographically dispersed team of project managers
- Work with carrier experts to develop and maintain airport and customer service products and services.
- Work with Star Alliance carriers to help them improve on their performance delivering interline travel-related services, including interline through check-in, interline transfer baggage
- Chair task force teams, including the development of agendas, action lists, schedules and minutes
- Participate in the creation of RFIs and RFPs and participate in contract negotiations
- Participate in test and launch activities for deployments of new products and services
- Perform life cycle activities of implemented products and services
- Develop presentations for the Strategy Team and Committee meetings as required
- Liaise with other business units
- Participate in staff meetings and seminars
- Support team activities
- Create monthly and quarterly reports
Requirements – Qualifications / Education / Knowledge and Experience / Skills
- University degree in business or related fields
- 5-10 years of working experience, mainly in the airline industry in the area of airport operations
- Sound knowledge of airline support functions and the inter relationships with airport services departments
- Experience in process improvement
- Demonstrable evidence of previous achievement in managing projects. To include research, collation of data, analysis and presentation of results/findings.
- Good understanding of financial planning and budget techniques including business case preparation.
- Information Technology knowledge preferred
- Ability to accept challenge and feedback
- Ability to challenge constructively in order to achieve the best outcome
This is a unique opportunity for highly-skilled and self-starting professionals to apply their talent, creativity and dedication to a global team focused on delivering value to frequent international travelers who travel on our partner airlines. Successful candidates will bring a wealth of experience and knowledge.
This is a full-time position based at Star Alliance Services GmbH headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany.
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV indicating your possible starting date and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 October 2013.
Star Alliance Services GmbH
Frankfurt Airport Center, Main Lobby