Internship at Star Alliance
An internship at Star Alliance, the world’s largest airline alliance, will help you make the leap into the international business world. Through project work in one of our departments you will gain insights into our daily operations and in addition become familiar with the airline industry. With numerous member airlines from all over the world as our customers we will give you an opportunity to work in an international and culturally diverse business environment with English as the official business language. We currently have a vacancy for:
Internship Membership Liaison
- Start date: 02 June 2014
- Duration: 6 months – 12 months
- Location: Frankfurt Airport Center
The internship will have a special focus on the Membership Liaison Office. He/she will be responsible for administrative support in this area and should be in a position to take over tasks and small projects in his/her own responsibility.
- Administer the daily maintenance of the intranet tool: managing portal support related inquiries, on-site support to internal users, conference calls with member airline executives.
- Development of the intranet tool: compile enhancements recommendations and feedback, participate in meetings and conference calls with vendor/users for maintenance and upgrades activities, develop operation manuals and training materials, offer training to users. Provide input on strategy.
- Gather, consolidate, validate relevant information from the airlines and on-site
- Assist the Membership Liaison Office in managing daily activities
- Coordinate board meetings and conference calls with the member carriers (venue, travel and local arrangements, agendas, presentations and minutes)
- Keep track of action log and follow up with member carriers representatives and secure resolution on action items
- Monitor all incoming communication and follow up with correspondence and drafting of letters and reports
- University student or recent graduate in international management or information technology or an extraordinary and gifted person with the right practical skill set
- Knowledge of product and project management is an advantage
- Excellent command of English as a working language
- Ideally experience working with websites, intranets or web based user experience (UX)
- Good IT knowledge (e.g. HTML, internet, project management software)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Inter-cultural and inter-personal communication skills and team spirit
- A self-starter and a methodical approach to work
- Valid Work Permit for Germany
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV, as well as your next possible starting date to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information on Star Alliance please refer to www.staralliance.com