The airline members of Star Alliance active in the UK & Ireland market work together to promote and deliver a strong value proposition to customers travelling internationally. In support of their joint promotional activities, the member airlines form a Country Steering Council (CSC) to oversee their initiatives. Accordingly, our member airlines are searching for a
UK & Ireland Coordinator
to help drive local market activities and the annually-approved business plans for this market area. He/she will work closely with the CSC and its Marketing & Communications subcommittee, but will also receive support and direction from the Star Alliance Regions Director, Market Development, who is based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Job Summary - Major Functions and Activities
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Star Alliance features, advantages and benefits
- Coordinate development and execution of the annual Star Alliance business plan for CSC UK & Ireland according to approved CSC Terms of Reference
- Coordinate work plan information flow among the member carriers of Star Alliance in the UK & Ireland
- Prepare and communicate committee meeting agendas, presentations and minutes
- Help organize local trade shows and events, and manage branding & creative issues with both Star Alliance HQ and local creative/marketing agency
- Ad hoc projects, as required
- Academic or technical degree or demonstrated practical experience in marketing management, administration or another field of study related to the job
- Demonstrated ability as an effective facilitator and the ability to diplomatically integrate different points of view
- Strong analytical and facilitation skills; highly numerate
- Structured and results-oriented working style, strong commitment to deadlines
- Strong self-motivator, independent and self-confident
- Cross-cultural work experience and intercultural awareness, experience in dealing with culturally diverse project teams
- Excellent communicator in English, in both written and verbal form, to individuals and groups, at all levels of management
- High level of understanding of and interest in the airline industry and global alliances is helpful
- Confident in using MS Office, specifically MS Excel and PowerPoint; Web/internet research and tools
This role would suit someone with intrinsic motivation, organizational and time management skills, and with knowledge in marketing and digital communications. Strong personal communication and planning skills are key prerequisites. Airline/travel industry experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
The position is home-based, with regular travel into the London area. Hours are variable and, to some extent, flexible across an average 30 hours a week. There will likely be some limited travel required within the UK and very occasional travel to Frankfurt.
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English by 23rd September 2015 to email@example.com quoting "UK & Ireland Coordinator".