Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is the full time organization that coordinates Star Alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world’s largest airline alliance.
We are searching for a
Manager, Business Sales
to manage the ongoing development and delivery of effective support for our Business Sales products (Corporate Plus, Meetings and Conventions Plus) and work closely with member carriers to provide effective and timely administrative support. He/she will work closely with the Manager Business Sales Strategy and will report to the Director Sales and Market Development.
Job Summary – Major Functions and Activities
- Ensure strong levels of engagement for the Star Sales products across the Key Account Management and support communities by promoting the Star Alliance business sales vision, goals and benefits effectively and by providing specialized advice on all process-related questions in a timely fashion.
- Closely work together with the lead carriers on the construction of individual Corporate Plus deals and act as a champion for the adoption and safeguarding of aligned processes by member carriers and the ongoing improvement and simplification of Corporate Plus agreements in order to deliver a better value-proposition for customers.
- Design, monitor, coordinate and document the processes and their constant improvement together with the management team.
- Create effective work environment within the team to enable consistent quality in Lead Carrier support.
- Escalate and/or resolve issues within Star and with the carriers that may jeopardize progress activities.
- Provide support as a neutral facilitator for all member carriers and support the resolution of any local difficulties. Always act as an ambassador for Star Alliance.
- Act as the key point of contact for airlines’ Key Account Managers in a virtual environment, in delivering administrative support for all aspects of Corporate Plus agreements and Star Alliance Corporate Sales initiatives.
- Monitor all deals and always ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Deliver up-to-date content & input to Star Alliance sales applications and databases (e.g. Network Value Tool, Workflow Management Tool).
- Support the maintenance of a tracking repository and Network Value Tool. Coordinate new users and new airline integration. Create new report templates where required and co-ordinate all airline and vendor data deliveries. Constantly update all documentation supporting Star Alliance sales applications.
- Maintain and lead training for sales products.
- Provide support for the Director Sales and Market Development in delivering process optimization for all sales products and thereby reducing manual administration.
- Train and coach new colleagues of the delivery team.
- Ad hoc projects.
- University degree in Aviation Management, business administration or another field of study related to the job.
- At least two years of practical experience in Airline Sales environment with proven knowledge and experience of airlines’ sales-related systems and applications.
- Strong understanding of and interest in the airline industry and the aviation market.
- Demonstrated ability as an effective facilitator and ability to diplomatically integrate different points of view.
- Excellent rapport builder.
- Flexible team-player committed to contributing to a positive spirit.
- Strong analytical and facilitation skills, highly numerate.
- Structured and results-oriented working style, strong commitment to deadlines.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Experience in dealing with commercial/legal topics an asset.
- Strong self-motivator, independent and self-confident.
- Cross-cultural work experience and intercultural awareness, experience in dealing with culturally diverse project teams.
- Excellent communicator in English, in both written and verbal form, to individuals and groups, at all levels of management.
- Confident in using MS Office, specifically MS Excel; MS Access an asset.
This is a unique opportunity for highly-skilled professionals to apply their talent, creativity and dedication to a global team focused on delivering value to frequent international travelers who travel on our member airlines. At Star Alliance Services GmbH, we subscribe to the values of industry excellence and leadership, openness, mutual trust and respect, teamwork, multiculturalism and talent development.
This is full-time position based at Star Alliance Services GmbH headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany.
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English 18 November 2013 to email@example.com
Star Alliance Services GmbH
Frankfurt Airport Center, Main Lobby