Star Alliance Circle Pacific Fare – Terms and Conditions
1 Flight Applicability
- 1.1 The Star Alliance Circle Pacific fares are valid on flights on Air Canada (AC), Air China (CA), Air India (AI), Air New Zealand (NZ), ANA (NH), Asiana Airlines (OZ), Ethiopian Airlines (ET), EVA AIR (BR), Lufthansa (LH), Singapore Airlines (SQ), Shenzhen Airlines (ZH), THAI (TG), Turkish Airlines (TK) and United (UA) flights. All the carriers mentioned above have the right to exclude single flights from the Star Alliance Circle Pacific Fare. Furthermore they can limit the number of passengers travelling with a Star Alliance Circle Pacific Fares on any given flight.
- 1.2 The airfares apply for circle trip journeys in the following areas, countries and cities around the Pacific Ocean and must originate and terminate in the same country:
Brunei: Bandar Seri Begawan
China: Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Nanjing, Wuxi, Fuzhou, Jinjiang, Shenyang
Cambodia: Phnom Penh
Hong Kong SAR
Indonesia: Denpasar, Jakarta, Surabaya
Japan: Fukuoka, Nagoya, Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo
Republic of Korea: all cities
Malaysia: Kuala Lumpur, Penang
Taiwan: Taipei, Kaohsiung
Thailand: Bangkok, Phuket
Vietnam: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City.
USA: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Honolulu
South West Pacific:
Australia: Norfolk Islands, Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Perth, Sydney
Cook Islands: Rarotonga
French Polynesia Tahiti: Papeete
New Caledonia: Noumea
New Zealand: all cities
Western Samoa: Apia
- 1.3 Star Alliance Circle Pacific Fares are available in First, Business and Economy Class. If on a certain flight First or Business class is not offered or available, you will be accommodated in the next lower class without refund.
First Class travel is not permitted as part of this fare on Singapore Airlines A380 services.
Exception: On flights within and between USA and Canada where Business Class is not offered, passengers will be accommodated in First Class subject to availability of seats at the time of booking. If First Class seats are not offered or available, no refund will apply.
- 1.4 All flights of the Star Alliance Circle Pacific Fare will accrue miles to the passengers nominated Star Alliance Frequent Flyer Programme, depending on the rules of your chosen Frequent Flyer Programme.
2 Fare Calculation
- 2.1 The applicable fare is determined
- by the number of miles of your planned trip: up to 22,000 miles or up to 26,000 miles;
- by the class of travel: Economy, Business or First Class;
- by origin/destination of the trip.
Applicable taxes, fees and surcharges will be added. Certain exceptions may apply.
- 2.2 The following surcharges do apply:
- Air Canada
A Business Class surcharge (Q-surcharge) of USD 300.00 per sector is applicable for passengers booked in Z Class on Boeing B772LR or Boeing B773ER when travel is between
Vancouver and Sydney / Hong Kong / Beijing / Shanghai / Tokyo
Air New Zealand Premium Economy Class Upgrade
The Air New Zealand Premium Economy Class is available for passengers who have purchased an Economy Class Circle Pacific Fare ticket for a surcharge of USD 400.00 on all routes booked in O class apart from flights between Auckland and Los Angeles where the surcharge is USD 500.00. There is no surcharge for First and Business Class passengers.
If you choose to fly in Business Class on Asiana Airlines (OZ) between Seoul and London / San Francisco / Los Angeles / New York on Boeing B772LR or Boeing B773ER, a surcharge of USD 620 per sector will be levied.
Singapore Airlines Business Class Surcharges:
The following surcharges will be levied on Business Class passengers travelling on Singapore Airlines Boeing 773ER and Airbus A380, also if these services are marketed under the flight number of another carrier.
||surcharge per sector
|Singapore and San Francisco
|Singapore and Los Angeles (B773ER/A380)
|Seoul and San Francisco
|Tokyo and Los Angeles
|Hong Kong and San Francisco
|Singapore and Hong Kong/Beijing/Shanghai
|Singapore and Tokyo/Seoul
|Singapore and Melbourne/Sydney/Auckland
- 2.3 The children discount is not applicable on First and Business Class Fares. Infants under 2 years of age, not occupying a seat, pay 10% of the applicable adult fare plus respective fees, taxes and surcharges.
Economy Class Fare child discount:
Children (2-11years) are charged 75% of the adult fare plus applicable fees, taxes and surcharges.
The first infant under 2 years of age, not occupying a seat, pays 10% of the applicable adult fare plus respective fees, taxes and surcharges. Only one infant not occupying a seat is allowed per adult passenger. Proof of age is required at time of ticketing. Infants occupying a seat are charged the applicable child fare plus applicable fees, taxes and surcharges. If an infant turns 2 during the trip, the children discount (75% of adult fare) applies for entire journey and a separate seat will be provided..
Children or infants must be accompanied on all sectors by an adult passenger. Unaccompanied children or infants are not accepted.
3 Planning the route
- 3.1 The journey needs to include at least one stopover in each of the three areas (Asia, North America, South West Pacific). Travel via the point of origin is not permitted.
- 3.2 A maximum of 16 flight coupons in the entire journey including any subsequent rerouting is permitted.
- 3.3 From 3 to 15 stopovers is allowed. A stopover is a stay of more than 24 hours. Only one stopover is permitted in the same city. Only 3 stopovers are permitted within Japan. Depending on your country of origin some other stopover restrictions may apply: If your trip starts in USA or Canada not more than 3 stopovers are permitted within USA/Canada.
- 3.4 A transfer is a stop of less than 24 hours. The Circle Pacific Fare allows unlimited transfers, however not more than 3 transfers at any one city. In your country of origin not more than one international departure as well as not more than one international arrival is permitted.
Exception: For travel starting in Japan/New Zealand/China, only two free transfers are permitted in the country of origin between domestic flights. Further exceptions may apply.
- 3.5 Surface sectors in-between are allowed on your own expense. The mileage for these surface sectors will be included into the mileage calculation. If a surface sector exceeds 24 hours, it is considered as one stopover. Surface sectors between cities and surface sectors between airports in multiple airport cities require a separate coupon.
- 3.6 The Circle Pacific journey may last at least 7 days between the first and the last international sector and up to 6 months after departure of your first flight.
4 The ticket
- 4.1 Your reservations up to and including the first international sector and the purchase of the ticket have to be done no less than 7 days prior to your first departure. Subsequent sectors can be left open.
- 4.2 Double open Jaws/Round trips are not permitted.
- 4.3 One of each of Star Alliance Asia / China / North America Airpass may be issued on a separate ticket in conjunction with a Star Alliance Circle Pacific Ticket.
- 4.4 The ticket will not be honored if the coupons are not used in the sequence provided on the ticket starting with the first coupon.
5 Change of plans
- 5.1 As long as the routing is not changed, reservations not concerning up to and including the first international sector may be changed at any time (subject to certain restrictions)
- 5.2 After ticketing, rerouting is permitted at a charge of USD 75 per transaction. If the new routing results in miles greater than the original maximum permitted mileage, the ticket may be upgraded to a higher Star Alliance Circle Pacific fare upon payment of the difference.
- 5.3 No refund applies if the total mileage of a rerouted itinerary would qualify for a lower fare than the fare paid.
- 5.4 Please note that the fare, taxes and surcharges are only valid as of the day a ticket is purchased and are subject to recalculation in case of any changes to the itinerary requested by the customer. Additional fees may be levied by an airline or travel agent fulfilling such voluntary changes to a ticketed itinerary.
Exception: In the event of death of the passenger, members of the passenger’s immediate family or accompanying passengers may reroute the remainder of the journey without charge. Relevant documents will be required.
For detailed information, please contact your travel agent or ticket office of a Star Alliance member airline.
6 Cancellation & Refunds
- 6.1 Before departure:
- Before ticketing: the ticket is fully refundable.
- After ticketing: 10 percent of the fare paid will be charged for cancel/no-show/refund. Waived for death of passenger, family member or accompanying passengers as evidenced by a certificate.
- 6.2 After departure :
- refund if any will be the difference between the fare paid and the applicable fare for the journey travelled.
- no refund applies when downgrading from a higher Circle Pacific fare to a lower Circle Pacific fare.
- 6.3 Credit towards further transaction:
- Tickets may be upgraded to a higher Circle Pacific fare upon payment of the difference in fare. Ticket will be recalculated for the entire itinerary and the rerouting fee above will apply.
- 7.1 For Circle Pacific Fares, the piece concept will apply for the entire journey. In economy class you may allow for one (1) piece of baggage at the weight of 20 kg, business class travel allows for two (2) pieces at a combined weight of 30 kg and first class two (2) pieces at a combined weight of 40 kg may be checked free of charge for the whole itinerary/journey.
- 7.2 In some instances individual carriers may apply a higher free baggage allowance. Please refer to individual carriers for potential baggage charges and more information should you require additional allowance.
8 Other Terms & Conditions
- 8.1 Further conditions apply. Please contact your Star Alliance member airline or travel agent for more details.
- 8.2 Conditions of carriage and regulations:
The carriage of passengers, baggage and cargo is subject to the conditions of carriage of the carriers concerned, copies of which may be requested from each Star Alliance member airline.
- 8.3 Please note that your itinerary may be booked using the Star Alliance Book and Fly tool
Effective of and last updated on 11 July, 2014
back to top.
Disclaimer: Star Alliance Services GmbH and the Star Alliance member carriers reserve the right to change the Star Alliance Fare & Discount Product rules displayed on this website at any time without prior notice. Please note that the Star Alliance Fare & Discount Product rules listed above represent only a fraction of the entire Star Alliance Fare & Discount Product rules displayed in the GDS (Global Distribution Systems) used by airline reservations offices and travel agents. In case of discrepancy at the time of ticket purchase between the Star Alliance Fare & Discount Product rules displayed above and in the GDS, the latter shall prevail. Please refer to the respective GDS for full display of the Star Alliance Fare & Discount Product rules. Status as of July 2014