Career Opportunities Landing Page Content
Star Alliance headquarters, formally incorporated in Germany as Star Alliance Services GmbH offers exciting permanent career opportunities and six-twelve month internships at our headquarters in Frankfurt. These provide a great work experience and a springboard into the aviation industry.
How to apply
Please note the following:
- The working language at Star Alliance HQ is English, so please submit your application in English language.
- We only handle recruitment for Star Alliance HQ, which is based in Frankfurt, Germany. If you wish to work for one of our member airlines, please contact them directly.
- Star Alliance does not itself operate flights. We therefore have no openings for cabin crew, pilots or ground staff.
Internship at Star Alliance
An internship at Star Alliance, the world’s largest airline alliance will help you make the leap into the international business world. Through project work in one of our departments you will get an insight into our daily operations and in addition become familiar with the airline industry. With numerous member airlines from all over the world as our customers we will give you an opportunity to work in an international and cultural diverse business environment with English as the official business language.
We currently offer the following vacancy:
Internship – Information Technology and PMO
- Begin: As soon as possible
- Duration: 6 months, extension to 12 months possible
- Location: Frankfurt Airport Center
The internship will have a special focus on Information Technology and Project Management. You will be responsible for administrative support in this area and should be in a position to take over tasks and small projects in your own responsibility.
In particular, you will be involved in the following:
- Working in a complex, international airline collaboration
- Responsible for small projects and/or supporting projects for IT or Project Management Office (PMO)
- Working with a team to conduct benchmarking exercises and compiling management reports of key financial airline IT budget figures and key IT trends
- Supporting various projects in different capacities, e.g. developing and maintaining an inventory of all 1,300 plus airports which have to be connected to Star IT systems
- Identifying and implementing concepts to realise process improvements
- Working with the change and service management department
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Project and Visio
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Interest in Project Management combined with a desire to learn
- Readiness to assist in both technical as well as business tasks
- Attention to detail
- General understanding of various aspects of IT application development is a plus
- Cultural awareness
- Team spirit
- Valid work permit for Germany
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English, as well as your earliest possible starting date by 17 June 2018 to email@example.com
For general information on Star Alliance please refer to www.staralliance.com.