Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is the full time organization that coordinates
Star Alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world’s largest airline alliance.
We are searching for a :
Manager, IT architecture
to support the overall IT strategy and application environment with a strong focus on architectural excellence for Star Alliance product development initiatives.
Job Summary – Major Functions and Activities
- Continuously optimize the Star IT enterprise architecture and application landscape
- Manage and support capacity and performance planning for infrastructure and applications from the perspective of architecture and operations
- Translate business requirements into robust IT requirements
- Support project initiatives by working with business units in the development of functional specifications, business process analysis and business case support.
- Support project initiatives by developing technical specifications, application architectures and technical solutions
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements, Star Architectural requirements; systems goals, and fulfil end-user requirements.
- Analyse current applications’ effectiveness and identify solutions to increase productivity, reduce complexity and/or reduce costs .
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with Star Business units and individual airline IT personnel
Requirements – Qualifications / Education / Knowledge and Experience / Skills required
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in an IT environment, preferably within an airline
- Experience working with service oriented architectures and middleware environments
- Experience working with web and mobile solutions and technologies
- Experience working with Content Management solutions preferred
- Broad technical understanding of systems and software lifecycle development activities
- Experience in developing enterprise and application architectures
- Experience in open source technologies
- University degree in computer science preferred
- Fluent in the English language, both verbal and written
- Excellent presentation skills
- Relationship building skills
- Self-starter – has a high level of drive and commitment
- Conceptual thinking and flexibility
- Cultural awareness and interpersonal skills
This is a unique opportunity for highly-skilled professionals to apply their talent, creativity and dedication to a global team focused on delivering value to frequent international travelers who travel on our member airlines. At Star Alliance Services GmbH, we subscribe to the values of industry excellence and leadership, openness, mutual trust and respect, teamwork, multiculturalism and talent development.
Working Conditions / Location
This is a full-time position based at Star Alliance Services GmbH headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany.
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English indicating your earliest possible starting date by 10 August 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Star Alliance Services GmbH
Frankfurt Airport Center, Main Lobby