Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is the full time organization that coordinates Star Alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world’s largest airline alliance.
We are seeking a
to project manage all aspects of branding in the Star Alliance environment. The core tasks will be carried out in coordination with all relevant external and internal parties, including (but not limited to) member carrier airlines, departments within Star Alliance GmbH and third party branding and marketing agencies, and production companies.
Reporting to the Director of Loyalty and Marketing, the Brand Manager will manage the development and implementation of all Star Alliance Branding and Signage matters, as well as the development and consistent maintenance of the Star Alliance corporate design.
Job Summary – Major Functions
- Ensure projects are aligned with Star Alliance business values and approved Star Alliance product development processes.
- Actively support Director Loyalty and Marketing in day to day management of airport branding activities and yearly business plan process.
- Develop, update & regularly review branding/signage management tools such as the Star Alliance Brand Book online, Station Managers’ Guide, StarDesk.
- Participate in regular airport visits for the purpose of brand/signage auditing and solution development.
- Develop branding/signage for all other existing and new Star Alliance facilities/terminals in the airport environment, where relevant.
- Handle Day-to-day ad-hoc individual carrier, Star Alliance Business Unit and other relevant airport branding/signage requests.
- Coordinate with all relevant parties within the carriers, such as key signage coordinators in head offices, and any local contacts, such as airport SAT/SAC’s.
- Closely liaise with all relevant parties within the Star Alliance Services GmbH organization: in Commercial Business Development; Customer Experience/Delivery & Technology; HR, Legal & Procurement; Regional Directors; Airport/lounge project managers and airport audit teams; as well as any others in relevant Business Units.
- Work closely with all external parties such as Airport Authorities, Vendors and Brand/Design Agencies, where relevant.
- Conduct analysis of Star Alliance and competitive alliance branding and airport facilities.
- Lead, coordinate and guide projects throughout the Star Alliance Product Delivery Process (PDP) where relevant.
- Develop business case to determine value versus cost to member airlines and Star Alliance GmbH where additional investments required.
- Challenge and re-engineer existing processes to increase efficiency and cost-effectiveness, including Joint Purchasing where relevant.
- Manage and oversee any core and project teams including Project Managers where relevant.
- Responsible for timely reporting to key audiences (Star Alliance StarDesk reporting tool and other updates via Tel Conf/email)
- Develop the Decision and Information documentation required for Star Alliance governance boards.
- University degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Corporate design development and application experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical client experience, ideally in an airline branding environment.
- Strong understanding of the airline industry and specifically of best practice in the branding area.
- Extensive experience of dealing with 3rd parties and branding/marketing agency partners.
- Demonstrated ability as an effective facilitator and ability to integrate different points of view.
- Brand / Marketing agency experience a plus.
- Strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong analytical and facilitation skills.
- Strong commitment to deadlines and budgets.
- Experience in dealing with culturally diverse project teams.
- Strong self-motivator, able to work well within team environment.
- Cross-cultural work experience and intercultural awareness.
- Excellent communicator and presenter in English, in both written and verbal form, to individuals and groups, at all levels of management.
- Ability to communicate in German is an advantage.
- Close attention to detail is an essential attribute.
- Readiness to challenge conventional thinking and established practices.
- Flexible team-player committed to contributing to a positive spirit.
This is a unique opportunity for highly-skilled professionals to apply their talent, creativity and dedication to a global team focused on delivering value to frequent international travelers who travel on our member airlines. At Star Alliance Services GmbH, we subscribe to the values of industry excellence and leadership, openness, mutual trust and respect, teamwork, multiculturalism and talent development.
This is a full-time position based at Star Alliance Services GmbH headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany.
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English 18 November 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Star Alliance Services GmbH
Frankfurt Airport Center, Main Lobby