Full time position at Star Alliance
Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is the full time organization that coordinates Star Alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world’s largest airline alliance.
Based on a 15 months fixed-term contract we are searching for an experienced
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel or Legal Counsel to effectively support the Star Alliance Services GmbH Legal Department of an international airline service company. The Legal Department supports all business units in a wide range of legal areas such as corporate, competition, trademark, commercial, data privacy law, and information technology law etc. The Legal Counsel also supports business units in the negotiation and conclusion of agreements with vendors and service providers.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who can work in an English speaking legal and business environment with excellent problem-solving skills.
Job Summary - Major Functions and Activities
- Prepare and draft legal corporate documents
- Review and draft commercial agreements, license agreements, purchasing agreements, service contracts, project agreements, consultancy agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Memorandum of Understandings, Letters of Intent, etc.
- Interface, assist and advise business units regarding legal issues and risks, complex deal structures and company policies
- Assist business units with commercial negotiations
- Draft legal opinions, summaries and prepare legal presentations for the Management
- Provide compliance training
- Interface with embassies, commercial registry, notary public, and airline legal counsel
- Handle communication and correspondence regarding corporate matters
- Research in different legal areas and regulatory topics
Requirements - Qualifications / Education / Knowledge and Experience / Skills required
- Preferably an individual with either 2nd German “Staatsexamen”, JD , or other equivalent legal education
- Experience in Competition/Antitrust law and German corporate law preferred
- Client management skills desirable
- German law knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters
- Mental agility
- Business intelligence
- Confident yet flexible, and strives for excellence
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Patience and outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Ability to depict complex legal facts
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and a proactive work style
- Fluency in English and German
This is a unique opportunity for highly-skilled professionals to apply their talent, creativity and dedication to a global team focused on delivering value to frequent international travelers who travel on our member airlines. At Star Alliance Services GmbH, we subscribe to the values of industry excellence and leadership, openness, mutual trust and respect, teamwork, multiculturalism and talent development.
This is a full-time position, limited to 15 months with the possibility of converting to a permanent appointment. The preferred Start Date is 15 June 2015. The position is based at Star Alliance Services GmbH headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English by 26 March 2015 to email@example.com.
Star Alliance Services GmbH
Frankfurt Airport Center, Main Lobby