Star Alliance Services GmbH based in Frankfurt, is the full time organization that coordinates Star Alliance activities and manages joint projects on behalf of the world’s largest airline alliance.
We are searching for a
to support the current and future Star Alliance product portfolio.
Job Summary – Major Functions and Activities
- Work closely with Star Alliance business units and Star Alliance member airline representatives to define functional and technical requirements and specifications
- Architect and identify IT solutions to enable functional and technical requirements and meet technical specifications
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with Star Alliance business units and Star Alliance member airline representatives
- Support project teams by analysing technology supplier responses to Request For Proposals (RFP) and business cases
- Continuously optimise the Star Alliance IT architecture and application landscape
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements, Star Alliance architectural requirements and non-functional requirements
- Analyse current applications’ effectiveness and identify solutions to increase productivity, reduce complexity and/or reduce costs
Requirements - Education / Knowledge and Experience / Skills required
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in an IT environment, preferably within an airline
- Experience working in project teams defining product requirements with IT relevance
- Experience working with web and mobile solutions and technologies
- Experience working with service oriented architectures and middleware environments
- Broad technical understanding of systems and software lifecycle development activities
- Experience in developing enterprise and application architectures
- Experience in open source technologies
- Fluent in the English language, verbal and written
- Excellent presentation skills
- Relationship building skills
- University degree in computer science preferred
- Self-starter; has a high level of drive and commitment
- Conceptual thinking and flexibility
- Cultural awareness and interpersonal skills
This is a unique opportunity for highly-skilled professionals to apply their talent, creativity and dedication to a global team focused on delivering value to frequent international travelers who travel on our member airlines. At Star Alliance Services GmbH, we subscribe to the values of industry excellence and leadership, openness, mutual trust and respect, teamwork, multiculturalism and talent development.
This is a full-time position based at Star Alliance Services GmbH headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany.
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your letter of interest and CV in English indicating your earliest possible starting date by 5th March 2014 to email@example.com
Star Alliance Services GmbH
Frankfurt Airport Center, Main Lobby